Monday, July 14, 2008

Reflections on Marriage

Things I am called to do and be faithful in:

  • The Covenant of faithfulness to my husband- Malachi 2:13-15
  • To take care of my family using my gifts and talents to help make and keep our home well managed- Proverbs 31 & 1 Timothy 3:12
  • To show reverence, respect for my husband no matter what – Proverbs 31:23 & Ephesians 5:33
  • To give myself wholly to my husband out of love, selflessness, and for protection from the enemy’s schemes – 1 Corinthians 7:3-5
  • To submit to my husband in everything – Ephesians 5:22-24
  • To fear God alone, not giving way to fear of the unknown for my life, marriage, and family– 1 Peter 3:5

I am called to be a faithful servant to the Lord as I watch for His return. I am not called to be successful but to be faithful. Matthew 24: 45-51

Marriage is an earthly gift. It is given as a tool and help for sharing and spreading God’s gospel message to the world. It is also for creating Godly legacies and for creating the wonderful unit: the family. Marriage is supposed to mirror our union and oneness with Christ that we will experience one day. Marriage is to represent a better marriage yet to come. For this reason, we will not be given into marriage in the end days, because our glorious marriage will be with Christ himself. There will be no need for marriage amongst His people. He will be my husband. He will be the most perfect, wonderful, glorious, and sweet husband anyone has ever had!

No comments: