Monday, August 25, 2008

The Spirit cries, "Abba, Father!"

My spirit continues to cry out the Truth. That's what it does. The spirit of God speaks the Truth to us. It is our wise counselor. My spirit is wrestling within me when I'm not choosing to follow in the Lord's ways. Today, I fell to justisfying myself on a decision I made, even though I promised my husband I wouldn't. I feel awful. I feel sinful. I feel like I can't escape myself. It's so discouraging. I feel so foolish and unwise. I can't believe God loves me in the midst of all this. I want to love Jesus more. I want to love myself less. I need help even doing this. I can't muster up enough strength to get myself boosted up in loving him. And honestly, I know that I suffer far greatly in thinking it's all about me loving Him. But it's really about HIM loving ME. My failures sidetrack my vision into thinking it's about me earning my way into the Father's heart. It's truly a supernatural and awesome thing to be loved by this Almighty God. My heart cries out, "Abba, Father! Save me from my selfishness. I know that I just made a decision that goes against your heart for me. You love me; you want me to follow your glorious plan for me." Thank you Spirit. Thank you for your counsel and for revealing the Father's heart. Right now, in the residue of my rebellion that is going to produce for me consequences that I don't desire, thank you for loving me still Lord. You are truly a God worthy of praise because of your forgiveness, your powerful love, and unending faithfulness.

No comments: